Helena Laboratories is a clinical laboratory instrument and reagent manufacturer. Our clients include major medical centers, small hospitals, large reference laboratories and small private doctor's laboratories.
Corporate headquarters, located in Beaumont, Texas (a major port city 80 miles east of Houston) is comprised of over a quarter million square feet of research, manufacturing, inventory, engineering and administrative facilities. Approximately 75 field specialists are located in major cities throughout the United States.
Working for You
- Made with pride in Beaumont, Texas
- Under our control from production to packaging
- Outstanding technical support
- 22 field reps, 20 service reps, 24-hour hotline
- Continuing education seminars
- Focus groups
- Educational slide series, booklets, wall charts
- Over 800 employees
- Subsidiaries and distributors worldwide
- Electrophoresis analyzers
- Electrophoresis supplies
- Hemostasis reagents and instruments
- Immunology and protein diagnostics
- Column chromatography supplies
- Disposable laboratory plasticware
- Test kits for fecal occult blood
Helena has been awarded the U.S. Secretary of Commerce "E" Award for excellence in contribution to the American economy through export operations. With hundreds of laboratory products and more than 40 registered patents, Helena continues to be a market leader in the development of new diagnostic tests.
Founded on product innovations
- Rigid support Titan III cellulose acetate revolutionized clinical electrophoresis
- Quick Quant II - First laboratory instrument to use a microprocessor
- First use of a personal computer in clinical diagnostic instrument
- Introduced the concept of the CK/LD Cardiac Profile
- First FDA approved diagnostic test for HDL, LDL and VLDL
- First approved test for HbA1
- First use of artificial intelligence in clinical lab diagnostics
- First clinical use of IgG IEF for detecting oligoclonal banding in MS
by Brian Sattler
It is an entrepreneurial epicenter - a world-class business with far reaching implications - found in unpretentious buildings that belie the cutting-edge research and state-of-the-art manufacturing within.
The research headed by Tipton and Ann Golias has led to break-through discoveries. Read the full article.
-Founded and still privately held by Tipton & Ann Golias
-Started in 1966 in Taylor, MI
-Relocated in 1970 to Beaumont, Texas
Tipton Golias, President of Helena Laboratories, was chosen as the 2009 Van Slyke Award recipient for his seminal contributions to the science of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. The Van Slyke Award is the highest academic award presented by the American Association of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine - New York - Metro Section and has been presented annually since 1957 to honor the memory of Dr. Donald Van Slyke who laid the foundation of modern clinical chemistry.