• Made with pride in Beaumont, Texas, USA
• Transformative new product development
• Under our control from raw materials to final packaging
• Excellent educational support
• Outstanding service with 24-hour hotline
• Dedicated representatives throughout the USA
• Subsidiaries and distributors worldwide
• CE and gel electrophoresis systems
• Advanced reporting software
• Electrophoresis supplies
• Hemostasis reagents and instruments
• Immunology and protein diagnostics
• Disposable laboratory plasticware
• Test kits for fecal occult blood
Helena has been awarded the U.S. Secretary of Commerce "E" Award for excellence in contribution to the American economy through export operations. With hundreds of laboratory products and more than 40 registered patents, Helena continues to be a market leader in the development of new diagnostic tests.
Helena Laboratories was founded in 1966 in Taylor, MI, and is still privately held by Tipton & Ann Golias. In 1970 Helena was relocated to Beaumont, Texas.
Rigid support Titan III cellulose acetate revolutionized clinical elp
Quick Quant II - First laboratory instrument to use a microprocessor
First use of a personal computer in clinical diagnostic instrument
Introduced the concept of the CK/LD Cardiac Profile
First FDA approved diagnostic test for HDL, LDL and VLDL
First approved test for HbA1
First use of artificial intelligence in clinical lab diagnostics
First clinical use of IgG IEF for detecting oligoclonal banding in MS
by Brian Sattler
It is an entrepreneurial epicenter - a world-class business with far reaching implications - found in unpretentious buildings that belie the cutting-edge research and state-of-the-art manufacturing within.
The research headed by Tipton and Ann Golias has led to break-through discoveries. Read the full article.
Tipton Golias, President of Helena Laboratories, was chosen as the 2009 Van Slyke Award recipient for his seminal contributions to the science of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. The Van Slyke Award is the highest academic award presented by the American Association of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine - New York - Metro Section and has been presented annually since 1957 to honor the memory of Dr. Donald Van Slyke who laid the foundation of modern clinical chemistry.
Our home away from home, this
is where our products come to life. We're proud of our
work environment - innovative, productive and inviting!